Thursday 19 December 2013

Adult Learning Progression - Lesleyanne Wilkinson

Lesleyann Wilkinson attended our academy for NVQ Level 1 Beauty Therapy and progressed to Level 2 Beauty therapy and successfully completed both courses.  She also attended some of our additional non accredited courses too such as Nail Extensions, Hot Stones etc.

Lesleyann was such a hard working learner and thrived on learning new subjects and giving herself new challenges.  She always gave 100% dedication to the course with excellent attendance and fantastic outcomes.

On Completion of her courses Lesleyann has progressed to being very successfully self employed with a large customer base.  Lesleyann has worked so hard to achieve her goals and we would like to wish her all the best for her future.

Please see below for her testimonial/feedback-

 
After turning 40, five years ago, I was at a loss as to what to do with my career,  I had been Managing Nightclubs and bars for 17years, which I had loved, but suddenly felt too old for and needed a new challenge.
After humming and haring for a further two years about what direction my life should take one of my girlfriends suggested I,  “do nails and lashes coz I can’t get booked in with my own therapist she’s so busy!”                                                          

After shrugging this off I then received a booklet through the post from Gateshead Council about Adult Learning Courses and inside ALD had an advert promoting their Hair and Beauty courses, so I decided to call in for a chat.

When I was there I spoke to Beauty Therapy Tutor Gillian Bell, who was very helpful.

Initially I was only interested in “doing nails and Lashes”, however Gillian informed me that they were a Beauty Therapy Training Academy and I would have to learn all aspects of Beauty Therapy  doing Beauty Therapy levels 1 and 2 which would take 1 and a half years to complete.

 After discussing this with Gillian I thought to myself OMG I’m 42 years old, do I really want to go back to school at my age?!! But then I thought, well the class is on Monday which is my day off, there doing a 5 week taster course, which was free so what did I have to lose??

Little did I know after my first taster session with Gillian that I would absolutely love it and was hooked!

During my first six months doing level 1, I also went on to do extra curriculum classes with ALD, for example, Spray Tanning, Hot Stones and Swedish Massage, Nail art and Gel Nail extensions as well as other training academies such as A.H.Francis Eyelash extensions and OPI.
 

During my level 2, I was awarded the Dermalogica Student of the Year award which was a great honour and something I know ALD are proud to be associated with.

ALD training Academy facilities and staff played a huge part in my enjoyment and continuation of my studies to which I have now taken to level 3 at Gateshead College. Because of them and the enthusiasm of my tutor Gillian Bell I am now running a successful mobile Beauty Therapy Business covering the whole of the North East and working towards my teacher training qualifications to become a tutor.

Not bad for someone who was only interested in “doing nails and lashes!”
Lesleyanne Wilkinson - Beauty level 1 & Level 2 learner at ALD Hair & Beauty Academy 2013

1 comment:

  1. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer!.. beauty therapy training

    ReplyDelete